In The Loop - Armando Iannucci, 2009

Basato sulla serie inglese The Thick of It dello stesso Iannucci, questa trasposizione cinematografica è terribilmente esilarante per il modo impietoso con cui tratteggia il funzionamento dei governi UK & USA, mentre cerano di inventarsi prove per iniziare una nuova guerra. Molti gli attori presi pari pari dalla serie, unica presenza “conosciuta” è David “Sledgehammer” Rasche . Assolutamente da vedere in originale, Peter Capaldi/Malcolm Tucker è da urlo con battute spietatissime:

Malcolm Tucker: Don’t get sarcastic with me, son. We burned this tight-arsed city to the ground in 1814. And I’m all for doing it again, starting with you, you frat fuck. You get sarcastic with me again and I will stuff so much cotton wool down your fucking throat it’ll come out your arse like the tail on a Playboy bunny. I was led to believe I was attending the war committee.

Malcolm Tucker: Just fucking do it! Otherwise you’ll find yourself in some medieval war zone in the Caucasus with your arse in the air, trying to persuade a group of men in balaclavas that sustained sexual violence is not the fucking way forward!

Un film politico, politico divertente però. Siamo dalle parti di Kubrick col suo Stranamore, una perla.

Mai arrivato in Italia,tanto per cambiare…