Krallarin Öfkesi dvdr review, Turkish Western Collection

I will start reviewing the turkish westerns I have. most of the movies are very rare…movies have no subtitles or english audio…all movies are in turkish…so please dont expect perfect reviews! can be that I interpetated something wrong, but ofcours more than welcome to correct me.

I have around 30 turkish westerns, 5 are anatolian westerns…but I found these so strong influenced by the spaghetti western that I included them also in my collection.

the movie I review today is Krallarin Öfkesi (1970)
directed by Yücel Uçanoglu
special future of the movie is that it starts turkish pop-star Cem Karaca.
movie poster is almost a direct copy of the italian western - …e venne il tempo di uccidere - …

promotion picture with Cem Karaca and Atilla Ergün

disk info:
the disk I got is as far as i know the only print available…the print is strong damaged, but the transfer to dvdr is very good. looks like its a direct film to disk transfer!
their is a constant white noise over the audio track, and every now and then some the picture skips some images or some fog gets over the screen…signs that the master print is strong damaged.

the movie (as most turkish westerns) uses soundtracks of other spaghetti westerns, in this movie we can hear; navajo joe, fistfull of dollars, the big gun down…and maybe some others and a song from the main star Cem Karaca.

Cem Karaca doesnt play the main caracter, but has an important role in the movie. he is wearing sunglasses through the whole movie, what gives his caracter a very funkie attitude. The bad guys look all very durty, in general turks make great mexican bandits.

the movie is quiet enjoyable, camera wrk is fine (dont forget we talk about B movies were was no budget at all…the biggest special effects are the clothes the acters are wearing!). good details like after a fight people have blood in their face…or like the main caracter that is been beaten up in the beginning of the movie, but stays scarred in the ret of the movie. their are not too many dialogs…what makes the movie easier to understand. The movie only plays for 52min (most turkish westerns run less than an hour) but the 52min are fully used, allways something happening, wasnt bored for a minute.

for introduction:
:slight_smile: = good guy/girl
:mad: = Bad guy!
General :slight_smile: - Atilla Ergün

Camgöz :slight_smile: - rockstar Cem Karaca

nameless girlfriend of Camgöz :slight_smile: - Hayal Sirer

Yabanci :mad: - Murat Soydan

Afrikali :mad: - Ahmet Danyal Topatan

Boncuk :mad: - Özdemir Akin

Fernando :mad: - Zeki Tüney

the movie:
General is a hired gun fighter or a friend of the famely (Camgöz and his nameless girlfriend). General doesnt like that 4 bandits (Yabanci, Afrikali, Fernando and Boncuk) stole all the money of his two friends, so he goes to the bandits hide-out to claim his friend money back. After some miner gunfire, the 4 bandits deside to give the money they stole from the coupke back to General.

Ofcours the bandits want their frsh stolen money back…otherwise they wouldnt be real bandits! The bandits attack the couples house at night…Camgöz, his girlfriend and General are int he house waiting for the bandits enter the house … a nice tense scene were you are just waiting for something big to happen, also good use of music!

the 4 bandits storm the house and beat the living day-light out of General and Camgöz. they find out that their is a girl in the house…so thr fun can start!
before one of the bandits rapes the girl, they shoot camgöz in the leg…so they are sure he will suffer anuff.
the actual raping scene is not in the movie…in most turkish westerns brutality is shown…but their for…after the rape the bandit walks down the stairs still snuffing the dress of the girl he just raped.
the bandits continue torturing the 2 guys and leave them for dead behind.

Time passes and general has recovered from his wounds…but his face is still scarred, Camgöz is handycapped for life he can not walk without help anymore.

General wants revenge and starts his mission to hunt all 4 bandits down.
the first bandit (Afrikali) lives in a small village were he lives a rich life serounded by food, alcohol, woman and music…wile the rest of the villagers are starving of honger. General unarms Afrikali and tells the villagers who kills Afrikali will get alott of money…all villagers rush behind Afrikali who is finally beaten to dead by a wild mob on the town square.

the second bandit (Fernando) lives somewere on a farm on a snowy mountain (never knew how General found him…he just did). General unarms Fernando very fast and beats him unconsious … than one of the brutals scene’s I saw in some times apears! General hangs Fernando from his feed on a tree…and starts a fire under him…so Fernando starts burning from the face! General enjoys the show and keeps watching till Fernando is dead.
the third bandit (Boncuk) is fast found, he lived together with Fernando on that same farm…(broke back mountain??)
Boncuk get a rope around his neck…he has to run in cirkels while General is shooting at his feed and yells something in turkish to him…finally Boncuk gets a more traditional dead, and gets shot in the face…wasa bit disapointed by his dead…

to get to the fourth bandit (Yabanci) General kidnappes Yabanci’s girlfriend and takes here to Camgöz house.
It doesnt take long that Yabanci + 4 new friends is storming Camgöz house. A short gunfire takes plays and Yabanci’s 4 new friends are killed…Yabanci gets away…but General starts the chase!

It comes to a fist fight between Yabanci and General in a wet snowy riverbed.
General beats Yabanci the snot out of his brains…but General doesnt want to kill him…he wants to leafe that job to Camgöz (who also just arrived). General turns his back to Yabanci to walk to Camgöz and in that moment Yabanci shoots General in the back! General dies in the arms of his friend Camgöz, Camgöz strompels to Yabanci and crushes his skull with his crutch -SON- aka The End

and the sleeve I made for my dvdr

Obscure stuff! Look like one of the weirdest spaghetti around, I did not know that those Turkish Western lasted less than an hour, is not a common thing in all turkish films, right?
btw… Great review! Thank you. :slight_smile:

most of the turksih western run less than an hour… film was probably the most expensive of making a movie thoose days.

I have some other really rare turkish movies, like : profesyoneller…can even find a movie poster of the movie.

will review more turkish titles in the future, also will post the dvdr sleeves I designed for them.