Troisis's Naples

I’ve just seen a couple of Troisis’s films, “Scusate il Ritardo” and “Pensaba fosse amore…” of course we can speak about them, but I was interested in asking especially to the italian members about which area of Naples they take place in.

It seems quite different from the Lina Wertmüller and other typical films I’ve seen about the city (L’Amore Molesto, etc). There is none of the dirty, bussy, full of crime, etc Naples we are used.

Any comments will be appreciated, I’m a big fan of Italy and actually next year I’ll be for a day in Naples.

In short, where they take place, it’s this air of tranquility an artificial atmosphera, etc.

Thanks,

Straniero

Hi straniero How’re you?
I Think you can talk first of all with Mr. John Trent (He is from Naples). And take note that my father too is from Near Naples and I have been several times to this city and not all the city is full of dirty and crime, ecc… Lately the situation is critical, anyway.
Troisi in the Naples-located movies is always a distinct person which lives in a distinct quarter…
Distinct zone in Naples can be the Vomero

Something like the “High Quarters”

But as i was telling first…Ask to Mr. John Trent in this forum.

Regs

Dear Bmw2002,

Thanks for the answer!

Those areas in the movies, just in case you didn’t see them, are nothing special, don’t look like inhabitated by rich people but by normal middle class, but don’t have any of the things we mentioned. They actually could be from any city of Italy I know, the traffic is minimal though, I don’t know if it’s because it’s controled for the movie.

The homes inside look old but well kept (mainly just painted and clean), nothing fancy.

Once again, thanks, it’s always nice to get some info from a guy that ranks “supremo” :slight_smile:

Straniero

Hi, Straniero!
As Bmw has anticipated, I’m from Naples and maybe I can help you.
Sorry for my bad english, aniway I try… :wink:
Many people think that in Naples we shoot ourselves every time we go out of home, but fortunately the situation is different: I’m 38 years old and I’m still alive (at least I Believe)… :smiley:
The Naples of Troisi is real, the locations are real. Naples is rich of very beautiful places… I love her!
I don’t see Troisi’s movies for so long… aniway I still remember some locations.
In “Pensavo fosse amore…” the library of Cecilia is in Borgo Marinari (S. Lucia quarter), a little “village” of a few homes: the palaces, all two-storey, are six and at centre there is a square with the library (now there is no longer).
The clothing store of Cecilia’s mother is in Via Tino da Camaino (Vomero quarter); in the movie, actually, you don’t see traffic because it’s controled… normally is a place with a great deal of confusion… :slight_smile:
At this moment I don’t remember other locations (I must review the movies) but I confirm that they are all real places and not rebuilt. :cool:

Wow, John Trent e trentoto! (38)

Seriously, thanks a lot for your post, I actually was thinking in the library more than anything so your answer was right on the spot.

Thanks a lot!!

Best,

Straniero

Hi straniero How’re you?
I Think you can talk first of all with Mr. John Trent (He is from Naples). And take note that my father too is from Near Naples and I have been several times to this city and not all the city is full of dirty and crime, ecc… Lately the situation is critical, anyway.
Troisi in the Naples-located movies is always a distinct person which lives in a distinct quarter…
Distinct zone in Naples can be the Vomero

Something like the “High Quarters”

But as i was telling first…Ask to Mr. John Trent in this forum.

Regs

Dear Bmw2002,

Thanks for the answer!

Those areas in the movies, just in case you didn’t see them, are nothing special, don’t look like inhabitated by rich people but by normal middle class, but don’t have any of the things we mentioned. They actually could be from any city of Italy I know, the traffic is minimal though, I don’t know if it’s because it’s controled for the movie.

The homes inside look old but well kept (mainly just painted and clean), nothing fancy.

Once again, thanks, it’s always nice to get some info from a guy that ranks “supremo” :slight_smile:

Straniero