El Rey De La Montaña (G. López-Gallego, 2007)

Quella mezza cacatina di A Lonely Place To Die (che ho visto ieri) mi ha fatto pensare a El Rey De La Montaña, un bel film del madrileño Gonzalo López-Gallego, regista di quell’Apollo 18 di cui si fa un gran parlare adesso.

El Rey De La Montaña è la storia di un tipo che si trova in un bosco e viene preso di mira da un cecchino implacabile senza apparente motivo.

Alla fine c’è un colpo di scena un po’ inflazionato (si sono viste cose abbastanza simili in diversi film che non nomino per non spoilerare) ma in fondo il film funziona lo stesso, la tensione non manca e ci sono un paio di scene belle cattive. E poi alla fine va detto che, anche se non originalissima, l’idea di fondo è decisamente malsana.

Nulla di eccezionale ma si guarda con piacere, 80 minuti che volano via, io ho il dvd francese - intitolato “Les Proies” (Le Prede) -, di ottima qualità e con qualche extra.

Visto anch’io grazie al post di Fede, concordo su tutta la linea con lui, non perfetto ma un grande esordio, la mia fanciulla si era messa a guardarlo con me in notturna e dopo la scena della polizia se n’è andata con un “avrei preferito una commedia”. Tensione costante, scenari molto belli.

Una domanda per te:

Da quello che ho capito io, sempre che sia necessario, è che l’uomo investito dalla macchina sia stato il primo a sparare, e poi i bambini l’hanno seguito per gioco.

Anche tu pensi lo stesso?

Ah, e poi ho letto qua, e ho capito un po’ di roba che mi ero perso (niente di fondamentale, eh?

I guess you didn’t watch the last half hour of the movie or know nothing about video games. None of the video game references specifically say “hey blah blah video games blah blah” which I guess is what you look for in your everyday life because you can’t pick up on subtleties but they are there none the less. the first video game reference was when the short haired brother is telling Diego about one of the fights in the game Shadow of the Colossus for the PS2, he doesn’t name the game or even say he is talking about a game at all but if you know this game you know what he is referring to. The second reference is when Diego gets mad when his brother calls him by his real name as he prefers his “gamer tag” which again is not specifically stated but is something easily picked up if you think about it. Which leads into reference three when Diego pulls out the map/scoreboard

the names on the scoreboard are Dante(the main character in the Devil May Cry series), Arthas(a major character in Warcraft 3 and World of Warcraft), and Snake(the main character in the Metal Gear series), and if you pay attention to how he enters the score and crosses the name off Diego is Dante, his brother is Arthas, and the older man was Snake. The fourth item is the camera work in the town at the end there are several first person shots with the guns that look just like a first person shooter and there are a few shots of Quim where the camera is directly behind him and a bit shaky making it look like a third person game perspective ala Gears of War(just as an example). The last thing I noticed was already mentioned which is the knife sound which is a bit dubious and could be digging into it too much. The movie makes it blatantly obvious that the kids are playing a real life video game.